Monday, July 25, 2011

Quick and Easy Broccoli Slaw Stir-Fry

Something I have found to be quite useful lately is...broccoli slaw. It is an amazing thing, I tend to fancy up my salads by adding a little broccoli slaw to them and it works great, plus all the nutrients you get from broccoli can really help make a salad nutritious. Well I have found that I am unable to go through a bag of broccoli slaw quick enough to have a fresh salad all the time, so I have found that after about a week the slaw can start to go bad, but I have found the perfect way to not waste it...stir-fry. Broccoli slaw makes a great stir-fry base, it is so easy and tasty in the end that it really proves beneficial to me and the time I spend in the kitchen. Just use broccoli slaw as a base and include any vegetables you may have on hand, cook them up with some oil and soy sauce and you have a perfect side for any dish. You gotta give this a try. 

 

Ingredients:
1 tbsp oil (use more if needed)
Broccoli slaw (can be found by the cole slaw mixes in any grocery store)
Minced garlic
Any vegetable ingredients of your choice, I tend to use onions, mushrooms, edamame, and/or zuchini
1 tsp soy sauce (can be increased if you would like a stronger soy sauce taste)
garlic salt and/or salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat up the oil to medium heat in a large frying pan or a wok. Add the slaw, garlic, and the vegetables of your choice; making sure to wait on adding the quick-cooking veggies, like zuchini, until after the onions and broccoli have become tender. 
2. Once veggies are tender, add the soy sauce, salt and pepper and mix everything together, let flavors meld for about 5 minutes. Serve hot alongside any of your favorite meats and some rice, enjoy! 


1 comment: