This is something I came up with the other night, I had some half and half that was about to expire and so I needed to use it stat. So this is what I came up with. I was inspired by Olive Garden and the creamy tomato basil sauces they serve with a lot of their dishes.
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp dried basil and/or 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1-2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 lb of frozen shrimp, thawed and shells removed
Cooked noodles of your choice
Grated Mozzarella cheese for topping
1. Heat the oil to Low/Medium heat in a large saute pan.
2. Add the garlic, basil, and tomatoes and saute for about 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often, until tomatoes are mushy tender and basil is cooked. Season with garlic salt.
3. Pour half and half into tomato basil mixture in the saute pan, add Parmesan cheese too. Bring sauce to boil, stirring frequently, then turn heat down to low.
4. Cook shrimp in the sauce, by adding shrimp to sauce in saute pan. Cook on low for a god 5 minutes until shrimp is pink and fully cooked.
5. Top your favorite noodles with sauce and mozzarella cheese, Enjoy!