2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup corn
2 tsp minced or pressed garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage or andouille sausage
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tsp hot sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tbsp corn starch
1tbsp hot water
1 pound shrimp, peeled and cleaned
2 cups cooked rice
1. In a large skillet, add oil. Saute corn, garlic, onion, bell peppers, and celery for about 10 minutes.
2. Add Cajun seasoning, dried thyme, and dried oregano to vegetable saute to season. Mix well and then set aside in slow cooker.
3. In same skillet, brown sausage on all sides over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover and cook through.
4. Slice sausage into 1 inch pieces and add to slow cooker.
5. Add chicken broth, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, tomatoes, and chicken to slow cooker. Combine well, make sure ingredients are spread out evenly.
6. In a small bowl, add water to corn starch and stir until it forms a paste like liquid, add it to the slow cooker, mix well.
7. Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 7 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
8. About 15 minutes before serving, stir in the shrimp. Make sure shrimp is heated through before serving.
9. Spoon over rice and serve, Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/215/18689