Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Orange Pesto Sauce for Fish



My husband and I love all things basil and so when I saw this recipe for an orange pesto sauce in a Cooking Light Magazine, I knew I had to give it a try.

Ingredients:

1 orange
2 cups basil leaves
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 pounds fish of your choice, I used salmon and mahi mahi

Directions:

1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Squeeze orange to extract 1/4 cup juice
3. Combine orange juice, basil leaves, olive oil, and garlic cloves in a mini food processor, add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Process basil leaf mixture until finely chopped.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over fish; grill fish for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until it reaches desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally.
5. Drizzle fish with sauce, or serve separately.
6. Serve with rice and/or veggies of your choice. Enjoy!



Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine, Swordfish Kebabs with Orange Pesto Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment