Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Banana Muffins (with no eggs)



Once again I had the desire to make something but I was missing ingredients. This time it was banana bread but I had no eggs at my disposal. I found this vegan recipe for moist banana muffins that included 1 cup of mayonnaise. I did not have enough mayonnaise either, so I opted for 1 cup of vanilla yogurt, which I find to be a much better ingredient and it doesn't matter since I am not a vegan. These muffins bake to be quite dense, but they are still yummy and that is all that matters.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup white sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.


2. Stir the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar together in a bowl. Add the bananas, vanilla yogurt, and chocolate chips; stir until well combined. Pour into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full.


3. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moist-Banana-Muffins/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment