I love the combination of salty and sweet, especially in the form of chocolate covered pretzels. I wanted to get that combination into a brownie format, so it was perfect when I found this recipe online. I decided to make these for some friends and they were a hit.
They are a perfect combination of sweet and savory.
1/2 cup butter
4 cups pretzels
½ cup sugar
Chewy Dark Chocolate Brownies
1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
1 cup, plus 2 Tbs boiling water
2oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups sugar
1 ¾ cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with a piece of parchment on the bottom of the pan. Spray the whole thing with baking spray.
2. Begin my making the pretzel crust. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a small microwaveable bowl, set aside.
4. Use a food processor or blender to pulse the pretzels to a fine crumb.
8. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the boiling water and the cocoa powder until smooth. Stir in the chocolate pieces until melted. Add the melted butter and oil.
11. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Recipe adapted from: Heather Christo Cooks