This is a delicious rice crispy treat I concocted. It combines the wonderful flavors of rice cripy treats and cookie dough...so good!
1/4 cup butter
1 10 oz. bag of marshmallow, divided
4 cups puffed rice cereal
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
7 oz sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan on medium low heat. Once the butter is melted, add 8 oz of the marshmallows and stir frequently until marshmallows melt.
2. Stir in the puffed rice cereal, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently until all the rice cereal is covered. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in remaining 2 oz. of marshmallows. Stir until evenly distributed. Pour into a greased 9 by 13 pan, set aside in the refrigerator for an hour to solidify.
4. In a mixing bowl combine the 4 Tbsp of butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour chocolate chip mixture over top of refrigerated rice crispies, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture has firmed up a bit, about an hour. Slice and serve, enjoy!