Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Asian Lettuce Wraps

Lettuce wraps are one of those things that are always delicious. I think it is a healthy way of getting something different than a salad or skipping out on a complete meal. For a long time I did not realize that normal lettuce wraps were so easy to make because my most favorite lettuce wraps are served at Cheesecake Factory. Unlike the usual ground meat based wrap, Cheesecake Factory uses grilled chicken and tons of cold sides so that you assemble your lettuce wrap to your liking. Although I love the Cheesecake Factory wraps, I do not mind the simplicity behind the normal wraps and so when I had the perfect ingredients lying around for lettuce wraps, I decided to make this recipe. I based this recipe off of some Asian flavors specifically Chinese with the use of Hoisin and Thai with Srirancha. I think all in all I came up with a great recipe that I feel I had to share. So please give it a try.


Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 lb. ground turkey meat
1/4 cup scallions, chopped 
1/2 cup broccoli slaw, bite sized (you may use more)
8 oz can of water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce (use less if you don't like spicy)
1 head of lettuce
peanuts for garnish

Directions:
1. Heat up saute pan and add sesame oil. Saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. 
2. Add turkey meat to saute pan and cook until just a little pink left in meat, then add remaining veggies (scallions, broccoli slaw, mushrooms, etc.) Cook until meat is done. 
3. Add soy sauce, Hoisin, and Sriracha to meat mixture and cook just a minute longer. Top with peanuts.
4. Serve warm in iceberg, romaine, or butter lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment