Sunday, August 15, 2010

Guacamole a la Liz


One of my favorites, made just the way I like it.

Ingredients:

3 ripened Hass avocados; peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, leaves only; finely chopped
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 tsp garlic salt, add more if needed
1 tsp chili powder, add more if needed
1 tsp onion powder, add more if needed
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Stick in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill and then serve immediately. Enjoy!

Helpful hints: I tend to keep at least one avocado pit in the guacamole to help it stay green. Also when I keep the guacamole in the fridge, I cover the bowl with plastic wrap and push the plastic down against the guacamole so that no air can touch the guacamole, hence keeping it greener for longer. You can do the same to keep it green overnight; I always keep one of the pits in my guacamole and to ensure freshness for the next day, use the same plastic wrap method but in a tupperware so that not only is the plastic wrap helping no air get to the guac but the lid to the tupperwareis blocking the air too. If you dont have plastic wrap, tin foil works just as well, sometimes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment