I made this ice cream to top off Nick's special Birthday dinner and it turned out yummy and a lot lighter than other vanilla based ice cream recipes I've used before.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons peppermint extract
1 cup chocolate chips (or mini chips)
1 cup mint Oreos (crushed)
1. In a medium mixing bowl (preferably with a spout), whisk the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Stir in the heavy cream, vanilla and peppermint extracts.
3. Turn your ice cream machine on and pour the mixture into the freezer bowl. Process the mixture per your ice cream machine's directions.
4. During the last 5 minutes of processing your ice cream, add the chocolate chips and Mint Oreo pieces.
5. Once ice cream has finished processing, transfer ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for 1-2 hours so that the flavors blend. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: http://joelens.blogspot.com/2008/06/beat-heat.html