I love chocolate and peanut butter together, but Nick does not. Nick was out of town the other night so I decided to make some peanut butter chocolate cookies since I never have before. They turned out absolutely delicious.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups peanut butter baking chips
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream together the sugars and butter for a couple minutes.
2. Add vanilla, then the egg, then the peanut butter. Mix on medium. Turn off mixer, scrape the sides and then continue until combined well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, flour, and cocoa powder. Add this to wet ingredients and mix until blended.
4. Add peanut butter baking chips and chocolate chips and stir in.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes until edges start to brown - dont overbake!