My friend Megan shared this recipe with me years ago and it is one of my fave muffin recipes, the combination of orange and oatmeal is delicious. Since I have my new mini muffin pans, I decided to make some mini orange oatmeal muffins. This is a great recipe and it can be great as a bundt cake too.
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp orange zest (optional, but highly recommended)
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin pans or line with muffin cups (bundt cake pans work too).
2. In a small bowl, soak oats in juice and boiling water for 15 minutes.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and oat mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, blend dry ingredients. Stir into batter, stir in vanilla.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups, 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until brown. Let cool. Enjoy!