Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Orange Oatmeal Muffins

 My friend Megan shared this recipe with me years ago and it is one of my fave muffin recipes, the combination of orange and oatmeal is delicious. Since I have my new mini muffin pans, I decided to make some mini orange oatmeal muffins. This is a great recipe and it can be great as a bundt cake too.

 

Ingredients:
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp orange zest (optional, but highly recommended)
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin pans or line with muffin cups (bundt cake pans work too).
2. In a small bowl, soak oats in juice and boiling water for 15 minutes. 
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and oat mixture. 
4. In a separate bowl, blend dry ingredients. Stir into batter, stir in vanilla. 
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups, 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until brown. Let cool. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment