Sunday, December 13, 2015

Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup


I am not that big of a fan of chicken noodle soup, I never make it because in the end I have to force myself to eat it because I've never had one that was good enough for me to want seconds. I saw this recipe for an Asian chicken noodle soup and I was quite intrigued and so I decided to make it and I was truly impressed. This was a delicious soup and it was so easy to make this flavorful broth especially since I just happen to have all these Asian ingredients in my pantry. This will definitely become a winter staple in our household. 


Ingredients:
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup diced carrots (about 2 large)
6 green onions, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp minced peeled ginger
6 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste
2 Tbsp mirin
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp Sriracha
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
3 cups slightly packed chopped Napa cabbage
6 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (like rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey)
2 (4.3 oz) packages dry ramen, seasoning packets discarded
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Directions:
1. Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and saute 3 minutes then add green onions, garlic and ginger and saute 2 minutes longer.
2. In a large saucepan, pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, Sriracha, and sesame oil, then pour carrot mixture into soup mixture and bring to a boil then simmer.
3. Next stir in sugar, cabbage, mushrooms, and chicken and return soup to a boil. Add noodles and cook 3 - 5 minutes longer until noodles are tender. Serve warm sprinkled with cilantro. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment