Saturday, May 29, 2010

Peruvian Aji Sauce


This was my attempt at recreating my favorite meal from a nearby Peruvian restaurant: Inka Mama's

My main tackle for completing this meal was the Peruvian Aji Sauce, a green sauce that is used on rice or as a dip for bread.

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of lettuce, torn into pieces (iceberg is fine, romaine is better)
  • 3 jalapeno chiles, seeds and veins removed
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 green onions
  • 1 fresh bunch of cilantro leaves (try to avoid the stems)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, skin removed
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp onion powder
Directions:

Blend all ingredients in a Blender, when beginning you might want to add a tsp of water to help get the lettuce to start blending.

For the rest of the meal I sauteed red onions and broccoli in butter and sprinkled them with a no-salt seasoning I bought from Costco. I did the same with chicken and once it was cooked, I added the two together. Very tasty and low on sodium.


Enjoy!



Peruvian Aji Sauce adapted from http://www.grouprecipes.com/3546/peruvian-aji-sauce.html



1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty!! I LOVE this sauce, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete