Friday, December 23, 2011

Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats

Even though I made tons of cookies on Monday for my co-workers, I managed to forget to put some aside for Nick's Co-workers. I wanted to make something different and I decided to make rice crispy treats. To make them fancier I created this chocolate coffee liqueur version, they turned out delicious and rich in flavor. I highly recommend these yummy treats. 



Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
2 cupa semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
2 tsp coffee liqueur
1 10 oz. bag of marshmallow, divided

 4 cups puffed rice cereal

Directions:
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium low heat. Once the butter is melted, add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the saucepan to melt.
2. As soon as the chocolate is melted, add 8 oz of the marshmallows and stir frequently until marshmallows and chocolate create a thick sauce.
3. Stir in the puffed rice cereal, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently until all the rice cereal is covered. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in remaining 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips and remaining 2 oz. of marshmallows. Stir until evenly distributed. Pour into a greased 9 by 13 pan. Refrigerate for an hour to solidify. Remove from the fridge and slice into individual sized pieces, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment