Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Creamed Corn

Ok, I'm finally posting, yay. I made this for Thanksgiving. This is one of my most favorite sides on Thanksgiving. My Aunt usually makes it every year but this year we celebrated with Nick's family, hence I made my own. I found this recipe online and it turned out perfect and it made for a great accompaniment to our turkey. 




Ingredients:
2 (20 oz) packages frozen corn kernels
8 oz whipping cream
8 oz whole milk
1 tsp salt
6 tsp sugar
1 pinch white pepper
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp flour

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except last two in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, blend together the butter and flour.
3. Add butter flour mixture to the corn and mix and combine ingredients. Remove from heat.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!


Recipe adapted from: Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment