Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sweet Sticky Rice With Mango

 I have had sweet sticky rice with mango at many Thai restaurants and I have always enjoyed it. I never thought to make it myself until tonight and I am glad I did because it was so simple to make and still very enjoyable. 
 
Oh and Happy Father's Day! We got to spend the day with my father and mother and my Pop Pop, my mother's father.



Ingredients:
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 Mangoes, sliced

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
2. Add the rice to a large microwave safe bowl. Pour in the coconut milk sugar mixture and stir into the rice. Place bowl in the microwave with a wet paper towel covering the top of the bowl. Cook on high for 4 minutes. Let it stand in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove bowl from microwave, stir the rice and serve. Place about 1 cup of rice in a bowl and top with fresh cut mango. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment