Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
I found this recipe in Rachel Ray Magazine, I knew I had to make them and I am so happy I did, they were so incredibly tasty and the perfect texture. It's also the first batch of cookies I have made that didn't call for vanilla extract and they still tasted great! This is an awesome recipe that provides some vegetable nutrition without the actual taste.

 
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
6 oz. butter at room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup packed shredded zucchini
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in egg, then flour mixture.
3. Stir in the oats, zucchini, and chocolate chips. Make sure ingredients are evenly spread. Let stand for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
 
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment