One of my favorites in our household is to make some homemade BBQ chicken Pizza, I have simplified it and it has become a quick and easy dish that also tastes delicious. Give it try, I believe you will be impressed.
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 cup what flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pepper to taste
1 cup of your most favorite BBQ sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1 red onion, sliced and grilled in butter until tender
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 can of chicken, drained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flours, salt, oil, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan. Place in oven and bake dough for 7 minutes.
- Remove dough from oven and top with BBq sauce, cheese, grilled onions, cilantro, and chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!