Sunday, December 5, 2010
Coffee Liqueur Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have also learned the value of using plain old regular all purpose flour rather than unbleached, especially for cookies because that is how they end up with the perfect texture and not so fluffy.
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules ( I used mocha via)
2 tbsp coffee-flavored liqueur
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee crystals into the coffee liqueur; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Gradually add eggs and coffee mixture while mixing.
4. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
5. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Cookies should be at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to cooling rack after baking.
Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Christines-Coffee-Liqueur-Cookies/Detail.aspx