Friday, December 31, 2010
Garlic Cheese Biscuits
This is a recipe I found written on the pages of my Babbi's cook book for biscuits. I decided to make them New Years Eve with dinner. They turned out really good and what I love about this recipe is that it is so simple to make.
2 cups buttermilk baking mix
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine baking mix and milk, blending well. Add cheese and green onions and mix well to make sure all ingredients are evenly spread.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter and the garlic powder, set aside.
4. Spoon out spoonfuls of mix and drop dough on an greased cookie sheet.
5. Brush butter garlic mix over all uncooked drops of dough.
6. Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes, until the dough becomes firm, but not browned. Enjoy!