Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Babbi's Cook Book

The Anniversary Slovak-American Cook Book
Edited by The Catholic Slovak Ladies Association

One of my most favorite gifts this Christmas was a Slovakian cook book that my mother gave to me. The cook book belonged to my grandmother Babbi and she had set it aside to gift to me this Christmas but due to her passing my mother wrapped it up for me. It is an amazing gift that really touched me emotionally since I still and always will miss my lovely Babbi. My grandmother has used this same cook book for as long as I can remember, it includes many of our traditional Czechoslovakian recipes that my Babbi had used throughout the years. I am so glad that I am now a holder of this cook book so that I can keep our family's food traditions alive.



Miss you Babbi

No comments:

Post a Comment