Friday, January 14, 2011
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole chicken (3 pounds)
½ cup dry white wine
1 white onion, coarsely chopped
1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 potatoes, largely chopped (optional)
¼ cup, chopped green onions
1 lemon, sliced and divided (can be edited for your liking)
1 tbsp dried thyme
cracked pepper and garlic salt to taste
1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, minced
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then place the chicken in the skillet to brown the sides of the chicken.
2. Meanwhile, place the wine, onions, garlic, potatoes, green onions, half of the sliced lemon, thyme, parsley, and the cracked pepper and garlic salt into the crock pot. Combine all together so that everything is coated in the wine and other seasonings.
3. Place the other half of the sliced lemon into the cavity of the chicken.
4. Place the whole chicken, breast side down, on top of the lemon onion potato mixture in the crock pot.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours, or for 3 hours on High. Chicken is done when the legs move easily in their sockets and the internal temperature of the breast has reached 160 degrees F.
6. Serve warm with onions and potatoes on the side. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from http:// allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Lemon-and-Thyme-Chicken/Detail.aspx