Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Orange County Fair Experience...2011

So I entered one of my food blog posts to the Orange County Fair and guess what...I got third place! So cool. So it all started in May when I was looking through the OC Fair Competitions page because I wanted to enter a photograph of mine, I decided to look through all the culinary competitions when I found the perfect competition for me, Food Blog Posts. I entered in the Directional Blog Post division with my post, Babbi's Sauerkraut Pierogies. As part of entering the contest, you are given a free ticket to the Fair. Since I had yet to hear if I won or even placed in the competition, Nick and I had a date night to the OC Fair, where we surprisingly got to see my blog post posted in the food exhibit center. I got to see my Babbi's recipe posted on the wall with a third place marker, it was pretty cool to see that and I feel so proud and accomplished having placed at all. 



While we were there, we partook in the fried food wonders of the OC Fair. We had some amazing fried avocado tacos for dinner from the food truck Seabirds, that will be featured on a new food truck competition show on Food Network, we also had some deep fried oreos and a funnel cake...yummers! We spent the rest of our time walking around the OC fair visiting all the free exhibits they have. Overall, it was a great night and I can't wait to enter again next year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment