I had some leftover zucchini and some applesauce so I used AllRecipes.com to search for a bread that would use those two ingredients and I found this recipe. This recipe was great because not only did it utilize the ingredients I wanted but it also included bananas, which is great. This bread was quite tasty and although I opted for no coconut or walnuts, it was quite delicious and easy to make.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 9x5-inch loaf pans or muffin pan.
2. Whisk the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla together in a separate large bowl.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
5. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts, and coconut into the batter until evenly combined. Pour into the prepared pans.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes for loaves or 40 minutes for muffins. Cool in the pans for 25 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com