Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pork Chops w/ Shallot Apple Cider Sauce

 

My grandpa bought me some pork chops because they were on sale, so I decided I would make some apple pork chops for girls night. I found this awesome recipe online and it turned out just as delicious as expected. Of course I edited the recipe to my liking, I wanted there to be some apple chunks and so I cooked the pork chops with chopped up apple, I really enjoyed having some roasted apple to accompany the pork. 


Ingredients:

Pork:
4 Pork chops, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray 
1 green apple, skinless and chopped

Sauce:
1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
1 1/2 cups apple cider
1/2 cup less-sodium beef broth
1/2 cup applesauce 
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. To prepare pork, rub pork with oil and garlic; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Place the chopped apple pieces in a baking pan coated with cooking spray, place the pork chops on top of the apples. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160° (barely pink). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
 3. Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots, and cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in cider, broth, applesauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp pepper; bring to a boil. Cook cider mixture until reduced to 1 cup (about 10 minutes); stir in 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Serve sauce with pork and apples. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment