Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Banana Muffins

Ever since we moved to Indiana I have been cooking and baking a lot. The main reason is because I am unemployed and looking for work. I have been making all kinds of goodies and a lot of repeat dinners since we had been eating fast food or camping food for a couple weeks before we settled in here. So being the good wife I am, I decided to make Nick some breakfast muffins so that he would have something nice to eat before going to class or work. I have made banana muffins before but I remember I did not like the previous ones very much and so I decided to search out a new recipe and I am glad I did, these were great. Delicious, moist, super banana-y and not too sweet. Although I am addicted to sweets, I really do not enjoy eating sweets first thing in the morning, but these were yummy and not too sweet (don't get me wrong though, they are sweet but more banana than sugar). 


Recipe yields: 
12 muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
4. Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped. Enjoy!
 
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment