Sunday, March 27, 2011

Honey Glazed Pork Loin


I found this recipe in the Register, since I had just bought some tenderloin on sale, I thought I would give it a try. It was pretty tasty, I do love combining sweet and savory when it comes to pork and this was a great sauce for that.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup apple sauce or apple cider or orange juice (I didn't have any of those on hand so I made my own apple sauce by combining 1 cored, peeled, and sliced apple with 1 1/2 tbsp water and 2 tsp brown sugar in a food processor)
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/4 tsp cayenne

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the apple sauce, honey, soy sauce and the garlic in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle pork with cayenne. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil. Add the pork and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Spray an 8 by 8 oven safe baking dish with cooking spray, place pork in baking dish.  Pour meat juices, and apple juice mixture over pork and transfer to oven to bake until done, about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. When pork is fully cooked, slice and serve by topping with apple juice glaze from the pan. Enjoy!



Recipe adapted from The Orange County Register from March 17th, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment