Monday, February 21, 2011

Chocolate Cake

This is another recipe I got from my baking friend Megan. She credits it to Hershey's. It is a great cake mix that tastes delicious and comes out quite moist, definitely recommended, especially if you top it with some Salted Caramel Frosting. I prepared it for my friend Nathaly's 25th Birthday. I think I impressed her :)



Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1 ¾ cup flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup oil
2 tsps vanilla
1 cup boiling water (can also use 1 cup hot brewed coffee, for a varied flavor)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour (esp for a layered cake) a 13x9 or 2 - 9” round cake pans.
3. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
4. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (or by hand 5 minutes).
5. Stir in boiling water, batter will be very thin.
6. Pour into pan(s).
7. Bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cakes cool down for a good 30 minutes, Frost and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment