I was sick of making chocolate chip cookies and so I decided to make some Snickerdoodles. This recipe is absolutely perfect, I highly recommend that you give it a try.3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs 1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Cover bowl and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
5. In a shallow bowl or saucer, stir together the remaining brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon.
6. Roll the chilled dough into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in the sugar mixture.
7. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
8. Bake for about 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies begin to brown at the edges. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks. Enjoy!