Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bourbon-Glaze

I found this recipe in a Cooking Light Magazine, as soon as I read the ingredients I knew it was something Nick and I would enjoy. I decided to use this glaze on some ribs I was planning on cooking in my slow cooker, it worked great on them and I know it would be a great glaze for chicken or other pork cuts, like pork chops. 



Ingredients:
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp shallots, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp bourbon, such as Maker's Mark
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp maple syrup

Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped shallots and minced garlic, cook two minutes; stirring constantly.
2. Stir in the bourbon, Dijon, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, cook one minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Use glaze on meat by basting each side with half of the glaze for each side. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment