The other night I realized I had all the perfect ingredients to make Chicken Parmigiana. It is one of Nick's faves and I had never made it before. When I told Nick that I was making Chicken Parmigiana for dinner, he got really excited and had the cutest smile ever. I guess the way to Nicks heart is through this meal. I was pretty proud of this and I loved that I served it with spaghetti squash, they went great together and kept the calories lower.
1/4 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup Parmesan
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to less than 1/2 inch thin
1 tsp butter or butter flavored cooking spray
4 slices of mazzarella cheese
2 cups prepared marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Pour flour into a shallow dish or bowl. Pour beaten eggs into another shallow dish or bowl. In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
3. Dip chicken breasts into flour, making sure to coat them fully. Then dip them into the beaten egg until fully coated. Lastly dip the flour and egg coated chicken breasts into bread crumb mixture to fully coat.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add coated chicken and saute for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
6. Serve with cooked spaghetti, capellini, or spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Enjoy!