Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

My co-worker Christina passed this recipe on to me. I love fall and I love the holidays and so I couldn't wait to celebrate with some fall flavors. I would've never thought to do something like this but now I know the thought will never slip my mind. Nick even enjoyed these cookies and he doesn't even like pumpkin pie. These are the perfect cookie to ring in the new season and new month.

Sidenote: Congrats to my brother and his fiance Kristen on getting engaged yesterday!!!!!! 
This month is looking good thus far. 

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 ground nutmeg or pumpkin spice
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a mixer bowl, beat the butter for 30 seconds; add brown sugar and beat till fluffy. Add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla; beat well. 
4. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating till well combined. Stir in chocolate chips (dough will be soft.)
5. Drop from a teaspoon 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet. 
6. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment