Sunday, May 1, 2011

Half Marathon Complete!!

I did it! I completed my first Half Marathon. Thanks to the help of my friend, Candace, we were able to complete the whole thing without walking. We finished in about 2 hours and 18 minutes, not too shabby. Although the last three miles got pretty tough due to some pretty strong head winds, I feel we did pretty dang well. I definitely want to keep training and go for another half marathon with a better time and/or a triathalon and/or hitting that ultimate goal of completing a full marathon. The best part of running 13.1 miles, is the guilt free day of food eating that follows. Afterwards, we hit up Ruby's for some brunch and a shake...delicious...and I also earned myself some homemade cookies from my hubby after dinner. Guilt-Free.

Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment