I needed another Carbo Load meal and so I decided to try and combine two of my favorite salmon recipes, Puff Pastry Salmon and Honey Dijon Salmon. It turned out pretty delicious, Nick really liked it and it had many kinds of Carbs.
2 (6 oz) skinless, boneless salmon fillets
salt and pepper to taste
6 tbsp honey
6 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
Half of 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
3 cups cooked egg noodles cooked or 3 cups cooked white rice
5. Serve the salmon on top of the egg noodles. Spoon out the extra sauce onto the salmon and the noodles. Sprinkle both with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, mix honey, mustard, and lemon juice.
4. Lie out two sheets of puff pastry, spread 1/3 of the dijon mixture on one side of each of the puff pastries. Place a salmon fillet on each puff pastry. Spread 1/3 of the dijon mixture over the salmon steaks. Moisten the edges of the puff pastry with water, fold to the center, and seal the seams. Place the sealed salmons seal side down on a greased baking dish.
6. Serve cooked salmons on top of the egg noodles or rice and pour remaining sauce from baking dish on top. Enjoy!