My friend Danielle found this recipe on a blog and we just had to make them. They are a delicious treat, even the cookie dough recipe is to die for. Give it a try and impress your friends.
Makes 24 gigantic cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package Double Stuff Oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In medium bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
4. With a cookie scoop, form balls with the dough.
6. Place onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets and bake cookies for approximately 13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: http://veryculinary.com/2011/03/22/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/