Friday, April 29, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Pasta and Veggies

As part of my preparation for my half marathon on Sunday, I needed to Carbo load, starting Friday. I had a spaghetti squash in the fridge and I had heard that spaghetti squash is considered a carbohydrate (although I know now that it is very low carb) and so I decided to create a spaghetti squash pasta dish with a load of mixed veggies that I had on hand. It turned out pretty tasty and although Nick thinks I should've eaten more pasta, I think it helped do the trick. 


Ingredients:
1 prepared and hulled Spaghetti Squash (click here for prep directions)
1/2 package of the pasta of your choice, cooked
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 red onion, julienned
1yellow onion, julienned
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 green bell pepper, julienned
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 large zuchini, quartered and chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese or Feta for topping

Directions:
1. Prepare your Spaghetti squash and pasta.
2. Warm up the oil in a large skillet or wok to medium-low heat. Gently add the garlic, onions, bell pepper, and celery to the oil. Saute all ingredients and mix together for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the zuchini and the salt and pepper, saute for another five minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine the prepared spaghetti squash strands, the pasta, and all the sauteed veggies. Mix together, feel free to add extra salt and pepper. When serving, sprinkle each dish with Parmesan or Feta. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment