Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yummy Artichokes


I love artichokes, but I wish they didn't take so long to cook and I wish they were always in season. I also wish Nick liked them because then I would make them more often for the two of us rather than for just myself. When I usually eat artichokes,  I usually just dip the leaves in a butter/mayo combination, but this time I opted for something new and I liked it. I think, I know I will do it again sometime.


Ingredients:
2 artichokes, halved and choke scraped out
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 large shallot, minced
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper 
1/3 cup white wine

Directions:

1. Fill a large pot with water. Add the artichokes and then cover. Bring the water to a boil for 30-45 minutes until a fork is easily inserted into the stem of the artichokes. Drain and set the artichokes aside.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat, and stir in the garlic and shallot. Cook, stirring frequently, until they are fully sauteed, about 5-10 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, and wine and bring to a boil. Remove from heat after sauce is fully heated.
4. Place the artichoke halves onto the preheated grill. Brush some of the melted butter mix onto them. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, brushing with butter occasionally, until lightly toasted. Serve artichokes with remaining butter as a dipping sauce.
Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Killer-Artichokes/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment