Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chocolate Peppermint Andes Cookies

 While I was visiting with my friend Megan at her house last weekend, her roommate happened to make these delicious cookies. I only had a couple, but I quickly decided that they were my new favorite. Since both mine and Nick's favorite sweet combination is mint and chocolate, it took me less than a week to make my own batch. They are pure mint chocolate perfection.


Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp peppermint extract or creme de menthe liqueur
2 eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of "Creme De Menthe ANDES" baking chips

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and peppermint in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
3. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and Andes. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire racks. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: http://www2.indystar.com/recipes/view/5095 or 
http://browniesfordinner.com/2009/12/02/chocolate-chocolate-mint-chip-cookies/

No comments:

Post a Comment