Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Lemonology"

I was looking through my recipe box that I got from my bridal shower about 2.5 years ago. I stumbled upon this hidden gem written by my friend Erica M. It is a perfectly wonderful marinade for any meat and perfect for the grill. Tonight I used it on shrimp and it turned out really tasty, I will definitely give this a go again with other meats. 



Ingredients:
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until salt dissolves. Add garlic and rosemary. Stir to combine ingredients well. 
2. Taste marinade and adjust flavors to preference. Marinate meats as followed below:


Marinating Times:
Shrimp or scallops: 30 minutes
Fish steaks or fillets: 30-60 minutes
Chicken Breasts or thighs: 1-2 hours
Vegetables: 30-60 minutes
Remember if marinating for longer than 1 hour, refrigerate.

Grill and Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment