Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chocolate Banana Cookies

 I love bananas, but I hate how they go bad so quickly. The only benefit of bad bananas is that they are used primarily for banana baked goods. I love chocolate covered bananas and so I created this recipe by combining the ideas behind other cookies I've made with the general idea of making chocolate banana cookies. These turned out pretty good but they were very cake-y like muffin tops. Don't get me wrong, they tasted delicious, I just prefer flatter cookies.



Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup ripened bananas, mashed
1-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets if they aren't nonstick. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together, set aside. 
2. Cream the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the mashed bananas. Add the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
3. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment