Have you ever thought to yourself, I would like something chocolatey but I would also like some potato chips and you can't decide which to eat, well with this cookie recipe you get both tastes in one. These were extremely tasty and not awkward at all. The chips are like salt, therefore making the combination taste like chocolate covered pretzels. My cookies didn't flatten out like the original recipe and I think it is because I failed to follow the recipe precisely and I used a whole egg rather than just the egg white, so please follow the ingredients and directions precisely if you would like some flatter cookies. No worries though, they still tasted great.
1/2 c light brown sugar
1/4 c butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg white
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed wavy potato chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter for a couple minutes with mixer.
3. Add vanilla and egg white. Mix together until ingredients are well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, soda, and salt. Add this to wet ingredients and mix until blended.
5. Add chocolate chips and crushed potato chips by hand. Mix in.
6. Use a cookie scoop, make one inch flat balls on cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8 minutes until edges start to brown - don't over bake!
8. Let them sit on the sheet for a few minutes to finish baking - that way they stay soft in the middle. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from http://thevillagecook.com/double-chocolate-potato-chip-cookies/