Saturday, March 17, 2012

Roasted Garlic

Garlic is probably my most favorite ingredient. I love it in everything and I use it as a seasoning for most meals. I have never tried roasting my own garlic because I never knew how easy it is, once I found out, I quickly gave it a try. Roasted garlic is delicious and it is great as a different taste for using garlic in a meal or for something as simple as spreading on some toast to eat. Yum.

Ingredients:
Head of garlic (as many as you want)
1 tsp of oil or melted butter per head of garlic
muffin pan
aluminum foil

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving only the skins on the individual cloves. Use a knife to cut off 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the top of the cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic. 
3. Place the garlic heads in a muffin pan, one per compartment, with the exposed ends facing up. Drizzle the olive oil or melted butter over the exposed part of the individual cloves, making sure the garlic head is well coated. Then cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cloves feel soft when pressed. 
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough so that you can touch without burning yourself. Use a small knife or mini fork to remove the individual garlic cloves from their skin.  Enjoy roasted garlic as is or spread on bread or mixed in with pasta, etc. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment