Monday, February 18, 2013

Biscuits and Gravy

I had honestly never eaten biscuits and gravy until I met Nick and it is not something I could eat regularly but every once in awhile it is quite the treat. His grandparents make it for us every time we visit and I have realized how much Nick enjoys this breakfast, therefore I decided I would make it for him. It is much simpler and easier to make than expected. 

Ingredients:
8 prepared biscuits like Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk Biscuits
1 lb. ground breakfast sausage, like Jimmy Dean (we prefer the hot kind)
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk; cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Split biscuits in half. Serve and top with gravy. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Jimmy Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment