If you have ever eaten at Romano's Macaroni Grill you know that the best part of the meal is their fresh baked rosemary bread, well now you can make it at home. This is very easy to make but like most bread recipes you must prepare way in advance since there is about 2 hours of dough rising time. So to repeat, this bread is absolutely delicious! You should make some today.
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp rosemary, divided
2 Tbsp butter, divided
1. Place yeast, sugar and water in large bowl or food processor and allow mixture to become bubbly.
2. Mix in 1 Tbsp butter, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Add one Tbsp of the fresh chopped rosemary.
3. Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or in food processor about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Add more flour if necessary.
5. Punch down dough and divide in half. Let dough rest about 5 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Carefully remove from oven, brush with remaining butter (and salt if desired.) Serve with balsamic and oil just like Macaroni Grill does, enjoy!!!!
Recipe adapted from food.com