Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thai Fried Quinoa

 I recently bought my first bag of quinoa and the first time I cooked it the basic way and served it as a side but this time I wanted something more interesting. One thing I can say is that I love quinoa, this tricolor mix is the best and it is so amazing how quinoa is tasty and yet completely healthy, it truly is a super food. I highly recommend this tricolor mix of red, black, and white quinoa because it is so pretty to cook with.


Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 cup water
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
4 green onions, thinly sliced. Use green and white parts
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 Tbs Garden Gourmet cilantro
1 tsp ginger
2 Tbs soy sauce

Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan add the quinoa, coconut milk, and the water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat up the sesame oil in a skillet. Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce and green onions and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the frozen peas and the cilantro to the skillet. Stir in the quinoa. Cook until peas are thawed, about 5-7 minutes. Serve alongside your favorite Chinese or Thai entree, I served it with orange chicken. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Thriftyveggiemama

No comments:

Post a Comment